“Its already been dropped, stepped on & even broken…
its about time for a vacation. Take it on your next adventure!”
What: The Skag Sk8elele brings some vintage punch to the party & is sure to add some distinctive tones to your jams. It’s built to be tossed in your bag, your trunk, your locker; played around the campfire, down at the beach, out in the woods, by the pool, anyplace the day takes you. Made for musicians of all ages & all places, take it on your next adventure.
Why: Popularized in the roaring twenties and thirties, banjolele & resonator ukes answered the call from popular performers for greater volume; that unique tone solidified itself into the lore of ukulele music and remains instantly recognizable today. The quest for a unique vintage tone has lead us by taking cues from humble cigar box guitars, banjoleles & crusty resonators, re-imagining them all into a lovely tin can resonator… Which is instantly familiar & yet surprising. Its all packed into a quality, weather resistant, environmentally friendly, take anywhere, package. Its a great travel companion to take the fun of music everywhere you go.
Who: Skag instruments are made in small batches, handcrafted in the USA. Using quality recycled woods, finishes, & appointments. Being environmentally friendly is an ethos that runs deep, from the repurposed tin can, recycled skate decks to the water base finish & natural materials, you can rest assured that whats in your hands is not only good for your ears but good for ol’ mother nature too. Stock models and custom orders available.
- Top: a “tin can” resonator inset into a recycled skateboard “7 ply” maple top & back.
- Neck: “14 ply” recycled maple neck, smooth rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl markers; maple or ebony nut.
*Long neck models have a 15” scale and a 16-fret concert-size neck that joins the body at the 14th fret, (it gives you all the space you need with out cramping your style.)
- Finish: Environmentally friendly & distinctive hand applied water base finish.
- Other: Maple or Aluminum Bridge, Maple or Ebony saddle, Geared pearloid tuners, Aquila Nylgut strings, Hand numbered.
- Other options: Piezo pickup, Spruce or Mahogany “tin-can” inset, maple fretboard. pearloid headstock. (Leave any special requests in the comments section during checkout.)